Asian Spice-Crusted Veal Chops with Grilled Peach Salad in Tahini Vinaigrette
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 Quebec Veal frenched rib chops
Asian Spice Blend
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coriander seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fennel seeds
- 15 ml (1 tsp) coarse salt
- 15 ml (1 tsp) black pepper
- 10 ml (2 tbsp) cinnamon
- 10 ml (2 tbsp) star anise
- 10 ml (2 tbsp) dried flaked peppers
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tahini
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) light soya sauce
- 15 ml (1 tsp) honey (or sugar-free syrup)
- 15 ml (1 tsp) rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 15 ml (1 tsp) grated ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 1 peach, cut into slices
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/8 red cabbage, chopped
- The white part of a leek, cut into julienne strips (or 3 green onions, chopped)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cilantro, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place the peach slices in a pan sprayed with oil over medium heat (or on the BBQ). Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the spices. In a bowl, coat the chops with the spice mixture, pressing lightly to coat well.
- In the same skillet over high heat, sear the chops for 1 minute on each side. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the cutlets and the desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a glass. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Put the sliced grilled peaches and all other salad ingredients in a bowl. Add the desired amount of sauce and mix well.
- Serve the chops with the salad and an additional drizzle of sauce.
Notice: the veal chops are delicious seasoned with just salt and pepper.
Recipe from Le Fit Cook.