Veal Rib Chops Dijonnaise
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal Frenched rib chops, about 150 g (5 oz) each and 2.5 cm (1 in) thick
- Sufficient Dijon mustard to brush over the chops and use in the sauce
- 4 large shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sufficient quantity of butter or oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) demi-glace sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat the edges of the veal chops with the Dijon mustard. Then roll the edges of the chops in the shallots and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with an undulated bottom over medium-high heat and brown the chops on both sides.
- Place the chops on a wire rack in a drip pan and cook in oven until the internal temperature reaches 150°F (66°C), about 10 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chops.
- In the same skillet, using a wooden spoon, quickly cook 30 ml (2 tbsp) of Dijon mustard, deglaze the skillet with the white wine, add the demi-glaze sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Let the sauce simmer while the chops are cooking.
- Pour a trickle of sauce onto the serving plates, and arrange the veal chops on the sauce. Serve with snow peas and potatoes seasoned with fine herbs.