Provencal Vegetables Stuffed with Veal
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 454 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) Veal stock
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) Quinoa
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) Chinese cabbage, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Olive oil
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Salt
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) Pepper
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Cheddar or Swiss cheese, shredded
- Vegetables, hollowed out
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a skillet, cook the ground veal and shallots with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of chicken stock. Transfer the cooked veal and stock to a bowl.
- Cook the quinoa in the remaining chicken stock.
- In a hot skillet, sauté the cabbage in olive oil.
- Mix the meat and its juices with the quinoa and sautéed cabbage. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the vegetables. Sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven, plus 2 minutes under the broiler.